Chicken and ribs are good, but with a dry rub, they are mouth wateringly great.
- 1 tablespoon ground fine multicolored peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or even better, maple sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons ground oregano
- 4 tablespoons paprika (the sweet kind — not the hot kind)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- You may wish to add salt, I don’t
- Half or full rack of ribs or whole or parts of chicken
1.Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Rub mixture into the meat, all sides, place in sealed plastic bag or dish with tight lid, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Store leftover mixture in an airtight jar or in freezer if you have not placed meat in mix.
2. Grill ribs. Roast or grill chicken. Grilling is always going to taste better and never over cook. You can bake, but it just does not taste the same. You can slather both with your favorite BBQ sauce or eat them plain.